Thursday, July 27, 2017

"What a Shit!"


About 10 years ago, a French scholar named Francis Jaureguiberry from the University of Pau came to UCSB for six months to conduct research on technology and communication in the U.S. My job was to secure his housing and smooth over the inevitable university bureaucracy. He's an extremely down-to-earth fellow with a lively sense of humor. After he got to know us, he enjoyed practicing his English with Elvira and me. He also loved hang gliding and had brought his equipment from France to fly above Santa Barbara in his spare time.

Francis' stay in the U.S. ended earlier than expected. He was running at top speed in preparation for take-off from a local hill when he stepped in a gopher hole. The glider kept going toward the precipice, but Francis' leg was stuck in the hole. It took a medical helicopter to get him to the hospital. and years of knee surgeries followed the incident.

Well, Francis recently learned via Facebook that melanoma had invaded my body. He sent a very nice note and summarized the situation perfectly with the phrase, "What a shit!" I couldn't agree more. And if you read this, Francis, let me add my belated assessment of your hang gliding accident:

"What a shit, too!"

My Opdivo treatment yesterday went well. My oncologist seems pleased with progress and is planning a re-evaluation after my scans in September to determine the next phase of treatment. In the meantime, Elvira and I plan to go to the Music Academy of the West opera tonight at the Granada and continue our usual walks at Shoreline Park. Peaceful days with a bit of exercise are a beautiful thing.

1 comment:

  1. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com OR info@drituaherbalcenter.com. We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Hpv,Pile,Weak Erection,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia. ,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Stroke,Hpv,Weak Erection,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete